Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Clock

Our annual decorate a pumpkin for work is approaching and this year we are raffling our pumpkins and donating the proceeds to A Race for the Cure.  I thought a functional pumpkin with a working clock in it would be fun.  I got it all to work, but I can’t help but look at my pumpkin and images of those crazy hats that were worn in England at the royal wedding pop into my head. 

 

pumpkin1

hats

hats2

It started out simple and plain.  A white faux pumpkin.

20110916-IMG_2245

I used a clock template that I found at Buzzle.com to plan my working clock.  I bought the parts at a craft store.

clocktemplate

20110916-IMG_2253

The hands were originally gold and I painted them with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. 

My husband and I used a drill to make the holes for the different hours and to insert the clock mechanism.  I had to cut a hole in the bottom so I could reach inside and be able to place a light in it. 

I glazed the pumpkin and then hot glued the greenery and feathers to the top to create my English hat the decorative part. 

clockpumpkin2

pumpkinclock3

pumpkinclock4

pumpkinclock5

When it is darker you can see the light better.  It flickers which I couldn’t recreate in a photo.

20110917-IMG_2282

So what do you think?  Is it a pumpkin you would love to win at our office raffle or if you won it would you ship it to England where it might be appreciated? 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Potpourri Party @ 2805

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails