Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pt 2 Nighttime Photos

I hope you are all having a great week. Mine has gone by very quickly.  Hopefully, the weekend will give us all time to pick up our cameras and practice.  Do you ever look back at some of your old posts and see how much you are improving in our photo skills? 

I also hope you get some time to try some candlelight/nighttime shots so you can join the party Tuesday March 29th. 

A few tips for nighttime shots.

1. You will need to have a long exposure time.  Here is a great link for reading and understanding exposure and it also tells you about aperture. 

2.  Use a tripod or a table top to keep your camera steady.

3. Use the self timer to decrease camera shake.

4. Use increased ISO to help with unavailable light.

5. Don’t use your flash. 

6.  If auto focus won’t work then try the manual focus.

7.  Try dusk photos if night is too dark and won’t work. 

8.  Be artistic.  Try some photos with movement to see what you get. 

Here is an example of a movement photo that I took.  While my husband was driving I opened my  shutter for 10 seconds while he drove down the street and I held the camera on the dash.

lights

I also took this photo from a car.  I used the dash to stabilize my camera.

IMG_5527

So get those cameras out and find some cool ways to take night shots.  I can’t wait to see you back here for the party. 

candlenightpartybutton

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails