Monday, March 21, 2011

Potting Bench Gets A Makeover

I think you will really like this makeover.

Do you remember last year when I talked myself out of repainting my potting bench that my husband made for me about 7 or 8 years ago?  (With a hand saw I might add.)  You can read about it here.  I was going to do it in an off white and I just couldn’t.  I am glad I didn’t because I don’t think I would have liked it.

Well yesterday was gorgeous and before I could even think about it I grabbed a bottle of Folkart craft paint in basil green and started dry brushing the bench doors.  And then I used my new wax in dark brown to deepen the color.

IMG_6571

Then I thought what the heck and decided to use the wax on the whole darn bench.  Yep I got carried away, but I think it worked to my advantage.  I will see what you all think. 

Here is what it looked like before I painted it yesterday.

IMG_6498

And here is what it looks like now. 

IMG_6570

IMG_6556ps

Ok so I know just cleaning it up would have been a big improvement, but I love the paint job and the fact I got rid of all that orangey paint especially on the doors.

Here is the side of it painted and partially waxed.

IMG_6551

And here is the top of the bench showing an unwaxed area.

IMG_6546

IMG_6547

Pretty magical stuff huh?

Did you notice a little extra something? 

IMG_6562

Yep peg board.  Getting this peg board cut at Home Depot was so hard.  The customer service yesterday was so bad, but it was worth it.  I really love it on the bench.

IMG_6568

My husband accidentally slid it in backwards and I liked the back better than the stark white front.  So that’s how it was screwed onto the bench. 

I might stencil something on it, but I haven’t decided yet.

How about another look at the completed bench.

IMG_6559

IMG_6557

IMG_6556ps

Was it worth spending a gorgeous Sunday painting and waxing?  You betcha!

What do you think?

sig

Linking to

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff

Take a Risk Day @ Nesting Place

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper

Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed’s Creations

beneath my heart

beforeAndAfterButton

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails