Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lettuce Bag

Years ago my sister in law lived in Canada.  All of her Canadian-in-laws swore by lettuce bags. They felt like the lettuce stays fresher longer.  She bought me one and I shamefully must admit I don’t use it.  I cheat and buy bagged lettuce, however,  I have been reading that bagged lettuce isn’t cleaned well.  I thought some of you may want to know about these lettuce bags otherwise known as Salad Greens Dryer. 

Here is the one I have had for years.

IMG_6848

The directions are:

Wash salad greens and drain to remove excess water.  Place greens in bag, tie closed and roll up or place flat on bottom shelf of refrigerator at least one hour before serving.  For best results, do not overload.

I looked for these online and didn’t have much luck. 

Walmart had some dishcloths that seemed like they would work as a lettuce bag.

IMG_6832

I sewed two of them together and left the top open.

IMG_6834

IMG_6839

I stamped “LETTUCE” on it with my Stazon ink and clear stamps.

IMG_6836

IMG_6838

It can be closed by sewing a tie on the edge of it or use a chip clamp on the end.

IMG_6842

Or some clothes pins would work.

IMG_6844

What do you think?  Would you use a Lettuce bag?

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails