Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finial Gets Some Green Paint and Dark Wax Treatment

02147]=098743I have been reading about dark wax from different blogs such as Miss Mustard Seed’s Creations and was excited when I spotted some at a local antique store in dark brown.

IMG_6504

IMG_6505

I have been trying to arrange a grouping that I am satisfied with on my table top where I recently added a printer’s block tray.

I had a finial that I added some of my favorite green craft paint with a dry brush.

IMG_6493

IMG_6502

IMG_6499

Then I rubbed some of the dark wax onto the finial with a paper towel and buffed off with a cloth.

IMG_6509 copy

IMG_6515 copy

I picked up a few printer’s blocks at the antique store where I bought the wax.  I had to lay the big numbers on their side because I like the tray horizontal.  I had some rubber stamps with birds on them and added them as well.  I think I am done with this table for now. 

I think I am going to like the dark wax for other projects.  Have you ever used it?

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails