Saturday, February 12, 2011

PB Inspired Pedestal

Hobby Lobby had these pedestals on sale for 1/2 off which made my purchase $3.50.  It is made of a stone type material.  Anyway, I liked the Pottery Barn wooden candle holders so I wanted to simulate the look. 

Here is PB’s version.

pb

My piece started out looking like this.

IMG_4739

I quickly painted the entire thing with Butter Pecan.

IMG_4744

Then I touched different areas with a paint brush that had black paint on the end. 

IMG_4748

Next I glazed it with a dark brown glaze and then dried brush some dark brown paint onto it.

IMG_4750

I thought it needed more black so I dry brushed some black paint very lightly all over it. 

IMG_4884

I think it has a similar look.  Do you?

So what can you do with it? 

Place a hurricane type vase with a candle on it.

IMG_4894 copy

Or just a candle, but I think it needs to be a bigger one than what I had on hand.

IMG_4895

Or a cloche on top of it would be fun.

IMG_4897 copy

Sorry for the glare.  I have the hardest time taking photos of glass.  Any tips?

Wanna hear something kinda funny?  My backdrop is my husband’s Carhart jacket. 

I saw the coolest post yesterday that might interest you.  Lemon Squeezy Home give you ideas on how to create cool photo backgrounds.  You really should check it out.  Go here.

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails