Monday, June 28, 2010

Mote Aquarium and the Beach

My husband slept in while I was brave and took a run on the beach for the first time.  I think I might have to do that again for sure.  My son woke up and we went for a swim in the pool.  When my husband finally crawled out of  bed with his miserable sunburned legs and stomach,  we got ready to leave.  We headed to lunch and then to an aquarium.   Because my husband was too sunburned, we had to do an indoor activity during the heat of the day.  After the aquarium, I quickly checked out a  Home Goods store for the first time because we don’t have one where I live.  I just did a quick tour so I could say been there, done that. We ate in a little dive know for it’s clam chowder and then visited another beach on our island called Turtle Beach.  When we got back to our beach, an evening storm was about to hit so we didn’t stay long.

Here are some photos of our day.

My poor husband’s legs.

IMG_0755

The aquarium.

IMG_0746 

IMG_0713

IMG_0712

IMG_0723

IMG_0722

IMG_0726

IMG_0719

Turtle Beach which has way different sand than our beach.

IMG_0752

IMG_0768

The sand on Turtle Beach.

IMG_0760

The sand on our Crescent Beach where we are staying.

IMG_0785

This sand feels like walking on flour.  It is so soft.

Back to our beach, but not for long.  See the storm clouds in the sky?

IMG_0775

Curly Florida hair.  I am so missing a pony tail right now. IMG_0774

A silhouette of my husband walking on the beach.

IMG_0783

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails