Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bedroom Mirror Dilemma

I changed a mirror in my den months ago.  I still liked the mirror and didn’t know what I should do with it. Then it hit me.  I think most of my ideas come out of nowhere.  Just all of a sudden a light bulb goes off.  I love those moments.  Originally, I had this dinky little mirror in my bedroom.

IMG_0262

Too dinky.  Needed something bigger and better. 

I painted the replacement mirror satin black and then dry brushed it with rust color brown paint .

IMG_0266

IMG_0263

I still felt like it needed something more so I added my little $3 table that I had already painted the same way.

IMG_0261

I really wanted to add a vintage suitcase on top of the table, but I have yet to find one for a price I am willing to pay. 

I have my an old silverware chest and thought it might work.  I painted some painter’s tape black to add the stripes that are on the vintage suitcases I like.  I just put the tape on wax paper.

IMG_0250

Spray painted it.  Let it dry a bit and transferred it to a new piece of wax paper so the edges could dry.

IMG_0251

I didn’t want to do anything permanent to it because it belonged to my husband’s mom. 

IMG_0252

IMG_0253

I placed it on the table. 

IMG_0254

IMG_0258

IMG_0269

IMG_0270

Someday I hope to have the mauve chair recovered. 

IMG_0271

So I know for a fact the big mirror looks better than the little mirror.  But what I need to know from you is table or no table or find a new table?  Leave the striped chest or keep looking for a suitcase?  Remove the tape?  Remove the  silverware chest?   Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

signature2

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails