Friday, April 16, 2010

Wall Art

Sometimes I think one of the hardest things to do is decorate a wall.  There are many things that make this one tough job in my opinion.  Getting the right items to group together.  Fitting them on the wall just right.  Not hanging things too high or too low.  I think the list can go on and on.  I have several areas in my house that have wall groupings.  Is that what it is called? 

I have several in my hallway which is very long.  It is hard to take a photo in the hall because it is not wide enough so I did the best I could.

 

I have had these prints forever.  I don’t think nature ever gets dated.  I will probably never get rid of them.  I really like things grouped in 3’s when possible. 

003

This wall has a grouping of family photos.  All the frames are spray painted in Espresso brown.  Spray paint is an easy way to make things look like they were meant to belong together. 

005

I posted this one previously in a bedroom makeover post.  I love using shelves to decorate walls.  As usual I am using some old items for my decor.  

013

My bottles are all old.  The tall one with a hint of lavender color was bought by my son for my birthday years ago from an antique shop.   My mom who passed away 10 years ago had the other ones displayed on a shelf in her home.  My favorite one is the tiny little bottle.  It was  a bottle of her perfume when I was a very young girl.  It is called Wind Song.  Isn’t it just the coolest looking bottle? 

023

025

I have a beautiful old book.  I love everything about this book.  The terrific color of green, the size and the picture on the front. 

026

027

I also have an old talcum powder can.  My favorite thing about it is the rusty spots.   There is still powder in it.  Are you wondering what is up with the rock?  It has a snoopy painted on it.  My mom got it in Taos a long time ago.  I am not a snoopy fan so I just turn it upside down.  I just don’t think you can go wrong using anything in nature.

029

I have also posted about my shelf in my family room.  It has the old pocket watch on it.

009

In my kitchen breakfast area I have to work around a wall phone jack.  I am trying to decide what new thing to do above the mirror.  Any ideas?  The table underneath could also use some help.  I struggle with decorating this thing for some reason.

009 

My entry has one of my favorite groupings.  I found these prints at Hobby Lobby.  Love everything about them.  I think I will keep these forever too.

017

018

So this next grouping is something  I bet you will all want to copy.  Who doesn’t want 4 framed prints of Dogs Playing Pool?  My husband has always dreamed of a game room with a pool table and these prints.   I struggled to get a good photo of this.  It just wasn’t happening.

 012  

The other wall has printed rules about the game of pool in inexpensive frames to help take up wall space. 

014 

So we rarely need to read the rules because the pool table gets used as a laundry folding table way more than anyone ever plays pool on it.   It usually looks like this.

015

Thanks for checking out some of my walls.

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails